15 Food Facts That Will Knock Your Socks Off
Here you go…..
2. About 70% of olive oil being sold is not actually pure olive oil.
3. Graham Crackers got their name in 1829 from Sylvester Graham who believed in a strict, bland vegetarian diet to rid society of sexual desires and impure thoughts.
4. Many candy companies in the U.S. use artificial food coloring for the candy they sell and distribute in the United States, but that same candy sold in Europe gets its coloring from natural sources.
5. Most of the wasabi served outside of Japan isn’t true wasabi, it’s a mixture of horseradish, mustard and food coloring.Many marshmallow brands have added corn syrup and artificial color (Blue 1).
7. Adding lemon to your water helps to not only decrease blemishes, but wrinkles too!
8. You’re going to eat about 2.030 calories if you head to Burger King and for a Double Whopper with cheese (1,070), onion rings (410), vanilla milkshake (550). Depending on age and gender, most adults should eat between 1,600 and 2,400 calories a day.
9. Freezing food does not destroy or remove any nutrients. So go ahead and eat your (frozen) veggies!
10. Many bread products contain an amino acid known as L-cysteine, which is used as a softening agent. L-cysteine is derived from either human hair or poultry feathers or hog hair, and it can be found in many popular brand-name products. As of 2012, the European Union requires that all L-cysteine be produced from sources other than human hair.
11. Zucchini is actually a fruit, not a vegetable. The seeds of a zucchini make it a fruit.
13. The world record for corn eating is 33 and a half ears in 12 minutes.
14. McDonalds’ Southwest Salad with grilled chicken is more fattening than their hamburger.
15. After chopping garlic rub your hands on your stainless steel sink or with a stainless steel utensil for 30 seconds before washing them. Say goodbye to that stinky garlic smell.
Do you have a favorite food fact?
photo credits: Coca-Cola via photopin (license), California Olive Oil, 5/2014, by Mike Mozart of TheToyChannel and JeepersMedia on YouTube #California #Olive #Oil #Trees, Graham crackers , Day 77: Wasabi Blob , green tea, Citrons – Yellow alternate, Family Trip Pentwater, MI July 05, 2014 6, Frozen Peas, Brötchen, Zucchini, Crack, coffee, O’ahu: Diamond Head and Honolulu. Patty and Bun, London, Garlic.