With the holidays fast approaching and activities winding down, we finally had a little down time this weekend. We decided to bake cookies. There’s nothing like baking cookies with my kids. We were ready to experiment. We were determined to find a cookie recipe that was gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and without any added processed sugar (except for the chocolate chips which can easily be swapped with raisins).
Most of the ingredients were already in our cabinets. Another bonus! After a quick stop at our local Whole Foods Market we were able to replenish our banana supply (the only missing ingredient).
Here’s what we came up with. 7 Ingredient Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Two out of three children loved the cookies. Not bad!
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 c. rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp. rice milk
- ⅓ c. applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. dairy free chocolate chips
- Try to use organic ingredients whenever you can
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make sure bananas are mashed well, with no lumps.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir until oats are well coated and ingredients are combined.
- Mixture should be the consistency of cookie dough.
- Place heaping spoonfuls of mixture onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
And that’s not all! There’s a GIVEAWAY.
10 Fabulous bloggers have gathered together to stock you up with real food cookie recipes for your holiday season in a #RealCookieSwap! Whether you’re hosting or attending a cookie swap or headed out to a party, bring with you some special treats that not only taste amazing but use unrefined ingredients as well. Of all of these cookies, we can’t wait to hear what your favorite is so make sure to share it with us!
When it comes to cooking and baking, butter is a common ingredient. My cookie recipe doesn’t use butter, but if it did I would try Kerrygold butters, which are made with milk from grass fed cows in Ireland. They take pride in how they make their butter and what goes into so you will not ever see additives or hormones added.
Continuing on with sustainability in baking, when you are traveling with baked goods (and when you’re at home) it’s important to use an ecofriendly choice. If You Care is a company with a full line of ecofriendly products such as pie pans, baking pans, parchment paper. Their packaging shows exactly where the product came from and where it can go after use. Recycling and composting are two of the most common options! Score!
Both of these products can by found at your local Whole Foods as well as everything else you need to stock up on your holiday baking essentials! You can be sure that you are buying GMO free when you are buying at Whole Foods. We all LOVE that!
And just to help you get ready for this season of baking, we’re giving away THE BEST prize package geared toward all of your “real food and baking” needs this holiday season. Get ready because you are going to love what’s behind door #1….
Grand Prize valued at over $300: A Kerrygold “Ireland Gift Pack” which includes everything you need to put on a good party – a Kerrygold cookbook, 2 wedges Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese, 2 wedges Kerrygold Swiss Cheese, 2 wedges Kerrygold Blarney Castle Cheese, 2 wedges Kerrygold Aged Cheddar, 2 wedges Kerrygold Reserve Cheddar, 2 wedges Kerrygold Red Leicester, 2 wedges of Kerrygold Skellig, 2 packs Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter, 2 packs Kerrygold Unsalted Butter, 2 packs of Kerrygold Garlic and Herb Butter, 2 packs of Kerrygold Softer Butter.
AND An If You Care package filled with recyclable baking pans, pie pans, etc.
AND (we’re not done) A $75 Whole Foods Giftcard so you can stock up on everything you need!
So enter below to win.
Be sure to check out these other 9 bloggers and their amazing cookies in our #RealCookieSwap!
- How Does Your Garden Grow: Salted Caramel Ricotta Gems
- O’Boy! Organic: Dark Chocolate Eggnog Truffles
- The Vintage Mom: Grandmas Chocolate Drop Cookies
- Groovy Green Livin: 7 Ingredient Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mindfully Frugal Mom: Bailey’s Chocolate Truffles
- Mom-Blog: Orange Cranberry Almond Cookies
- Real Kitchen and Beyond: Cranberry Crumble Bars
- Souffle Bombay: 6 Ingredient Flourless Chocolate Cookie
- Evolving Motherhood: Salted Dark Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Cookies
- Eat Sleep Be: Gluten Free Lemon Sugar Cookie
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I was sent a gift card from Whole Foods Market to use towards my cookie recipe. All opinions are my very own.