Baggus are not just for girly girls-men will love them too!
“What is a BAGGU?” you might ask. Baggu is the “…bag of the future” according to Teen Vogue. It is an eco-friendly and stylish bag (sold in packages of 3 and 6) and it is one simple step you can take to help save the planet by using a reusable bag.
This is not the reusable bag that most of us use for visits to the grocery store. The back of my car is filled with those bags-stuffed one inside the other. I try to remember to bring the big reusable bags into the supermarket-but I can’t tell you the number of times they have been forgotten and I have to run out to the car to grab them.
BAGGUs are different. Baggu (“bag” in Japanese) is machine washable, and folds up into its own pouch, small enough to tuck into your backpack, handbag or pocket. It can be used for the grocery store and it is also great for visits to the library, pharmacy, Staples, hardware store and the mall. Keep them with you and hopefully you will use them to replace all disposable bags in your life.
Why Carry a Baggu:
- Plastic bags are bad, bad, bad. According to to Beth Terry of Fake Plastic Fish we have to stop using single-use plastics….Just stop. No excuses. Forgetting bags at home is not an excuse.
- One Baggu holds the contents of 2 to 3 plastic grocery bags and can carry up to 25 lbs of weight; six bags can hold a whole cart full of groceries.
- Using a Baggu will eliminate the use of 300-700 plastic bags per year!
- They are eco-chic and come in bright, fun colors. I know you all want to be stylin’!
- Baggu is made from ripstop nylon, a super durable long lasting fabric. Baggu’s pattern is cut to reduce material waste; the pouch is made from scrap fabric.
- Each Baggu weighs 2 oz. Since it is so light, its carbon footprint in traveling to you is small.
- They fold into a flat 5 by 5 inch pouch that fits anywhere-making them easily accessible when you need them.
- When your old Baggu has had it you can send it back to the company and they will recycle the bag and credit you $1 toward each new bag.
Baggus work for me-I try to keep them with me in my handbag. Many a clerk at the checkout have been impressed by my Baggus. I am by no means perfect-there are plenty of times my reusable bags are not with me-but I am trying to be conscientious. Best reason of all for using a Baggu, I feel like I have made one small change that is making a big impact on our environment.
Are you ready to make a small change and use a BAGGU too?
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE
BAGGU – 6-Pack
Disclosure: If you purchase a Baggu through the Amazon link in this post I will get a few pennies in my pocket. Thanks!!
Spread the word…..share this post with others. For updates from Groovy Green Livin sign up by email or RSS feed, click the “like” Groovy Green Livin button on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @groovygreenlivi