I spend a lot of time looking into the safety of personal care products before I ultimately use them. Here’s what happens when I buy a new personal care product:
- Look through the ingredient list If everything at first glance looks OK I buy the product.
- Take the product home in a reusable bag (would you expect anything else?).
- Once home look the product up on EWG’s Skin Deep website.
- If the product gets a 0-2 hazard rating it is welcomed into my home.
- Anything over a 2 it goes back to the store.
Labor intensive, right? But so worth it.
When I was given the opportunity to review a few Juice Beauty products I was armed and ready to go through my 6 step process (a few less steps because the product was mailed to me). I had been hearing about Juice Beauty for quite sometime from my friend Micaela over at Mindful Momma, so I was curious to see for myself what this brand was all about. I chose the Green Apple Age Defy Collection because how could I pass up products that claimed to “Brighten, Lighten, Tighten”?
I’ve been using the products for a few weeks now and here are my thoughts:
Green Apple Cleansing Gel
I generally use old fashioned soap and water in the morning and evening. The Cleansing Gel has a nice, light green apple scent. It textured like a hand soap and was easy to apply and rinse off. My skin felt great after each application. It received a 1 (very low hazard score) on the Skin Deep site. Sold!
Green Apple Peel Full Strength
I enjoyed trying the peel. Again my skin felt fresh and clean after use. I don’t think I would use a peel on a regular basis. It seems too labor intensive. Juice Beauty recommends using the peel once a week. I guess I could handle that-especially if it’s going to smooth and firm my skin!
Green Apple Age Defy Serum
This serum comes in a pump bottle and I absolutely loved it. It was easy to apply and soaked into my skin without being greasy.
Green Apple Age Defy Moisturizer
This was by far my favorite product. I loved the scent and the texture. My skin felt smooth and it wasn’t greasy or oily.
Repair Eye Treatment
I’m always hesitant to apply creams around my eyes since the skin is so sensitive. I tried this cream a few times-there was a very small sample in the kit. It went on easily and smelled like green apples! I think I would probably stick to using the moisturizer for my entire face, including my eyes.
What I love about Juice Beauty-their EcoChic Values:
- Clinically Validated Results: efficacy achieved through cutting edge organic technology.
- Authentically Organic: target a standard for all Juice Beauty products to fall within 80 – 98% total organic content. Meet California Organic Products Act minimum of 70% total organic content (excluding water) by using a certified organic base & ingredients.
- Powerful Action Without: Stay on the cutting edge of purity by excluding Parabens, petroleum, butylene and propylene glycol, PEG, sodium lauryl sulfates, pesticides, phthalates, artificial dyes or synthetic fragrances. Continual preservative improvement.
- Quality Aromas: Achieved from organic & natural essential oils (not synthetic fragrance).
- Support our USDA Certified Organic Farmers: Stay close to our suppliers.
- Buy Local: Buy the majority of our ingredients locally from the West Coast.
- Sustainable & Recycled: Use only sustainably sourced and/or recycled paper for all supplies, focus on recycled components & recycle again.
- Solar Power & Gluten Free Labs: Manufacture the majority of our products using Solar Power and all manufacturing done in Gluten Free Labs.
- No Animal Testing: Conduct no animal testing.
- Give Back. Juice Beauty currently donates a percentage of all profits to the following charities: San Francisco Breast Cancer Fund; The Organic Center, Teens Turning Green; Conservation International and the documentary-Miss Representation.
A few of my wishes for Juice Beauty products
- I have been searching high and low for a moisturizer that contains sun protection. I would be completely sold if the Green Apple Age Defy Moisturizer included some SPF. Just checked their site and they have a moisturizer with 15 SPF-I’m sold!
- There’s a lot of plastic packaging. I’m guessing glass packaging would be cost prohibitive, but it would be nice.
Now it’s your chance to try out Juice Beauty products! Juice Beauty has generously offered to give one Groovy Green Livin reader a $50 gift certificate to be applied towards the products of your choice.
For another opportunity to win this kit, Karen at EcoKaren s is also giving a $50 gift certificate away. Check that out HERE.
Disclosure: Thank you to Juice Beauty for a complimentary Green Apple Age Defy Collection. I didn’t receive any compensation for this Giveaway. The opinions expressed in this post are my own.