I’m always on the lookout for quality eco-friendly bags to carry all my stuff. I thought when I ditched the diaper bag my purse would get exponentially smaller. Boy was I wrong. I’m not really sure what’s in there, but it always seems to be heavy and full. So the need for a larger bag remains.
A while back I confessed my obsession with lead free lipstick. I have a similar obsession with cool ‘green’ bags. I was thrilled to receive an Ecolution hemp messenger bag from Ethical Ocean to try out. I put it to the test to see how it fared carrying all of my junk.
This bag has proven itself.
- It’s innovative, incredibly stylish, eco-friendly and more.
- It could fit a small laptop-my things fit in with no problem.
- This messenger bag is made from highly sustainable Romanian hemp and doesn’t have any chemicals or pesticides.
- It is 100% vegan, and dyed with biodegradable dyes that contain no heavy metals or toxic substances.
- The bag has a long, adjustable shoulder strap so I can easily wear it as a messenger bag, which helps ease the strain and wear-and-tear on my back.
- There are quite a few compartments and a zippered pocket for valuables.
- The color is a welcome deviation from my standard ‘black bag’-and persimmon has such a nice ring to it.
Why is hemp eco-friendly? Hemp facts
- The ecological footprint of hemp is considerably smaller than that of most other plants considered for their fibers.
- Hemp plants grow very quickly and densely which makes it difficult for weeds to take hold, eliminating the need for herbicides and artificial fertilizers.
- All products made with hemp fiber are biodegradable.
The original Levi Strauss jeans were made from hemp.
- Hemp requires no irrigation as it thrives on the amount of water in the average rainfall, and it is highly pest-resistant.
If you like this hemp bag you will like the many other unique, eco-friendly products offered by Ethical Ocean.
Some of my favorite Ethical Ocean products:
What’s on your wish list?
Through December 25th Ethical Ocean is offering FREE SHIPPING on all purchases (anything on their site) over $75! Order by Monday, December 12, 2011, to receive in time for Christmas.
Disclosure: I was sent an Ecolution Messenger Bag for review from Ethical Ocean. Ethical Ocean is a sponsor of this site and there are affiliate links in this post. The opinions expressed in this post are my very own.