The combination of heat and humidity have been draining over the past few days. To keep everyone cool and happy we have ramped our smoothie addiction up a notch. We are now experimenting with different flavors of sorbet, which are just as easy to make (if not easier) than a smoothie. This week we tested out a few different flavors and voted on our favorite. The Vegan Strawberry Sorbet was the winner.
The key ingredient in this sorbet are a few frozen bananas. As our bananas ripen and begin to turn brown I put them in the freezer so they’re ready for use.
- A few frozen bananas ( one banana for each 12 oz. bag of frozen strawberries)
- 12 oz. bag of frozen strawberries (I like to use organic strawberries)
- You will also need a food processor or blender
- Place a banana in the food processor and blend until creamy.
- After banana is creamy add the bag of frozen strawberries (do not defrost prior to use).
- Blend together until mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Scoop right away or place in container and freeze for later use.
Have you ever made sorbet? What’s your favorite flavor?
Linked up with Natural Mothers Network Seasonal Celebration