I’ve been gradually replacing my non-stick bakeware with safer options. It’s still a work in progress. Despite the ease and convenience of non-stick baking sheets, I’m committed to dumping the Teflon and replacing my non-stick with healthier options.
Non-stick cookware and bakeware are metal pans (such as aluminum pans) coated with a synthetic polymer called polytetrafluoroetheylene (PTFE), also known as Teflon. According to the Environmental Working Group (EWG), toxic fumes from the Teflon chemical released from pots and pans at high temperatures may kill pet birds and cause people to develop flu-like symptoms.
Introducing 360 Cookware Stainless Steel Large Baking Sheet
When 360 Cookware asked me to test out their large stainless steel large baking sheet I was thrilled. I’ve worked with 360 Cookware before when I reviewed their one quart saucepan last year. We use their saucepan all the time. I’ve been searching for a safe cookie sheet for years and haven’t had much luck. I was curious to see if my baked goods would stick to a baking sheet that wasn’t non-stick.
360 Cookware is stainless steel (my favorite) and comes with a lifetime warranty. Here are a few other favorite features:
- This baking sheet is strong. And I mean strong. No bending and warping like other stainless baking sheets that I’ve tried.
- Conducts heat evenly and efficiently.
- It’s large. The 14” x 17.5” area will accommodate lots of small cookies or just a few monster cookies!
- The pots and pans are oven safe up to 400 degrees.
- There are no harsh chemicals used in the finish of this pan and food rarely sticks.
If you’ve ever invested in quality pots, pans and bakeware you know that true quality comes at a price. This stainless steel large baking sheet
is not cheap ($99), but it is durable and will probably last you a lifetime.
Why 360 Cookware?
I have no choice but to love this company since 360 Cookware is manufactured in Wisconsin. If you’ve been following me for a while you know that I spent most of my childhood in Madison, Wisconsin. I guess that’s not enough reason to love a brand, but it’s a good start! Here are a few interesting facts about the company with corporate headquarters in central Florida.
- The entire factory is operated using power from wind turbines.
- The factory has floor to ceiling windows which allow natural lighting and cut down on the need for and use of indoor electrical lighting.
- The factory doesn’t have or use any smokestacks and there are no harsh chemicals used in the facility or in any of 360’s products.
There’s no denying that $99 is a bit pricey for a stainless steel large baking sheet, but the quality is there. If you’re buying top of the line cookware this is a great brand to check out.
Do you have a favorite baking or cookie sheet that works well?
Disclosure: 360 Cookware sent me a stainless steel large baking sheet for review. Some links are affiliate links meaning, at no additional cost to you, I may get a small commission if you make a purchase. All opinions are my own. Thanks for your support in this way!