I have some really exciting partnerships lined up for 2015. Stay tuned-I’ll be sharing the full list with you shortly. What I’ve really been noticing this year is the number of brands who are truly committed to protecting our families and the planet. They get it. No greenwashing, no gimmicks, just the real deal. They want to educate, encourage discussion, and find solutions, while selling a product or products in the process. I’m OK with that. A winning combination in my eyes.
ClimatStore has stepped up to the plate in this category.
They are the real deal-working hard to make it fun and easy for families to learn about climate change and to find energy efficient and sustainably made products that will help them reduce their carbon footprint.
Check out the 10 things I love about ClimateStore
- I’m one of 8 bloggers in their newly launched Ambassador Program. There are plenty of familiar faces (some of my fave green bloggers!). You can check us all out HERE. I’m incredibly honored to be a part of such a remarkable team. This program was created by ClimateStore to help get the message out about climate change, and more importantly, to increase awareness surrounding our own ability to lower our carbon footprint. How amazing is that?!
- The company launched with about 250 carbon lowering products. These include energy efficient lighting, water saving devices, smart home technology, home décor, laundry items, travel gear, educational materials, and accessories. Each product is evaluated to identify exactly how it reduces carbon emissions, including the production, use, and disposal phases of the product’s lifecycle.
- ClimateStore uses a simple carbon footprint icon system. They review all their products for carbon impact and award icons to those that produce fewer greenhouse gases (GHGs) in either the production, use and/or disposal phases of their lifecycle. For example this Stainless Steel Compost Kitchen Caddy.
- The site isn’t only about selling products. There’s a large educational component. There are summaries of the latest climate science and impacts, the importance of acting now, content and activities for children, and frequently asked questions.
- You can set up your very own personal action plan. They start with easy achievable actions, such as taking shorter showers, and then move on to steps that lead to larger reductions that will be even more rewarding.
- ClimateStore is local! They’re practically in my backyard, based in Massachusetts. When given the opportunity, I try to support local businesses rather than the big box stores.
- They offer carbon neutral shipping on all orders. ClimateStore purchases verified carbon offsets cover its entire operational carbon footprint.
- They have sustainability partnerships. ClimateStore supports environmental non-profits as a 1% for the Planet Partner. They donate 1% of their revenues to support non-profits with missions to mitigate climate change.
- The ClimateStore website is powered by renewable energy. Their website is hosted by GreenGeeks, a web hosting service that is 100% powered by renewable wind power.
- Office recycling. Currently, the ClimateStore office recycles more than half of their office waste.
Check out the ClimateStore site. There are plenty of great products and a lot of important climate change information. I’d love to know what you think.
Disclaimer: I work in partnership with ClimateStore as a blogger ambassador and I am compensated for my work . The opinions and thoughts contained in this post are 100% mine. I only work with companies I support and think you, my readers, will like.
Polar bear photo credit Hugh Rose of Hugh Rose Photography.