Our family’s been eating Applegate hot dog’s for quite a few years. We don’t eat hot dogs often, but when we do we try to make sure they’re Applegate.
Thanks to the kind folks over at Applegate we were able to have our own ‘Wienervention’ and test out a few different types of hot dogs. Our favorite is The Great Organic Turkey Hot Dog.
Their hot dogs come in many varieties, each wearing an all natural or organic label. As we know, ‘Natural’ is a pretty unregulated term. The folks over at Applegate stand behind their ‘natural’ label by assuring us that:
- The (beef) hot dogs are simple: just beef, water, sea salt, and spices – and they have much less fat and sodium than other hot dogs.
- Raised without antibiotics or hormones
- From animals fed a vegetarian or 100% grass diet and treated with humane animal standards
- Free of chemical nitrites, nitrates or phosphates
- Free of artificial ingredients or preservatives
Friends don’t let friends eat bad meat
Conventional hot dogs can be filled with all sorts of steroids and chemicals, things you really don’t want going into your body. Abscorbic acid? sodium diacetate? Let’s be frank, if you can’t pronounce the ingredients, you probably shouldn’t be eating it. Luckily, you don’t have to. This 4th of July Applegate is going to help you proclaim your independence from bad meat through a Wienervention.
Big news on the GMO front…..
Applegate has committed to removing all GMO ingredients from their products (only 10 remaining) by the end of 2013. Finally a GMO removal time frame that actually makes sense!
GIVEAWAY! Now it’s your turn to win an Applegate wooden cutting board, Chico tote bag and Applegate buttons and stickers!
Disclosure: The Applegate product, gift pack, and giveaway have been provided by Applegate. All opinions are my very own.