Put together two sisters with great taste and a passion for the environment and you get a jewelry shop that sells chic, unique, eco-friendly jewelry. The two sisters, Natalia and Luda (in the above photo when they were kids!) created Eco Lustre with the intention of creating:
“…a place to shop for cute, cool, elegant jewelry that’s affordable and environmentally friendly. When we didn’t find a single source that had it all, we decided to create one ourselves. And because we have fashion and jewelry merchandising background and two people’s worth of great taste, it was a natural fit.”
When I first had the opportunity to shop around their site I was amazed by beauty and elegance of all the pieces.
Eco Lustre is a storefront that brings together eco-friendly artisans from all around the US. Each eco-concious artisan approaches jewelry making as a work of art. Browsing through the profiles of each artist, some are inspired by nature, and others find different sources of inspiration: history, the beauty of everyday objects and family. It’s clear that each artist cares about natural resources and strives to preserve them by utilizing eco-friendly practices: using sustainable or recycled materials (most use primarily recycled metals), recycling scrap metals, and running their workshops with eco-conscious principles.
The Hannah Necklace from Eco Lustre
I’m very grateful to the fabulous women behind Eco Lustre for sending me the Hanna necklace for review. I’m loving the necklace and can wear it my outfit of choice: jeans.
This gorgeous necklace is made of labradorite and silver plated multi-faceted beads (nuggets), and strung on a waxed Irish linen cord. The metals used to create the piece are partially recycled.
The designer is in2 Design, a partnership of two Swedish born women, Inger Mark and Inga Louise Baldwin, who now live in Connecticut. They use natural and organic materials to showcase the exquisite beauty of the stones.
A few of my favorite things about Eco Lustre
- It’s eco-friendly. The artisans represented in their shop are all eco-friendly in many ways, from using recycled materials to maintaining sustainable business practices.
- Recycled packaging. Eco Lustre uses recycled packaging. The necklace arrived in a small cardboard box. Inside the box was a beautiful cloth bag with the necklace inside.
- It’s handcrafted in the US. All designs are original and unique; items are made by hand in limited quantities
- It’s hand-selected. All jewelry on the Eco Lustre website is hand-picked by the two owners-who happen to have great taste. They work with indie and emerging designers, so the items on their website generally aren’t widely available.
- It’s reasonably priced for high-quality, eco-friendly jewelry. There are pieces at most price points.
- Great customer service. I know first-hand that they are very responsive to questions and care a great deal about customer satisfaction.
I would love to see a few more earrings and bracelets in their selection. Earring happen to be my jewelry of choice and there are some pretty funky choices that I would absolutely wear.
Don’t leave without checking out their awesome collection of rings. I’m thinking about the Gloria ring. What do you think?
Natalia and Luda of Eco Lustre have generously offered a discount for Groovy Green Livin readers. Enter DISCOUNT CODE GR15 at checkout and you’ll receive 15% off all orders through July 15, 2012.
Disclosure: I was generously sent the Hanna necklace from Eco Lustre in exchange for my honest opinion.